Wednesday, 22 July 2015

PICTURE OF THE WEEK


NEW


Trying new and exciting stuffs interests me. During the Drawing Fundamentals class, I experienced just that. It's my first time actually learning to use ink with a straw even though I took up Art in secondary school. It was rather challenging to get the hang of it. It would be a lie to say that I did not have any trouble in my first few tries. Controlling of the straw and the flow of the ink is already challenging and at the same time you need to have darker areas for the shadows and lighter ones for when the light source hits. I told myself I need to get myself comfortable with this new tool. Thankfully after creative thinking class, which made me feel that exploration is something that I need to practice more often while doing work. I know that if I don't try to find different ways to improve myself, it will not help me in my work progression. Will I learn from where did I went wrong? Will I feel good and comfortable handling the tool? Definitely a no if I didn't explore. With that, I used different kinds of objects as an exploration. Objects from seashells, plants and even my water bottle. Different objects made me realise on how to control the straw even better. Being able to get that technique was all I wanted at that moment as I thought it shall be a great start for something new. Before entering the school, I definitely expect new knowledge and skills that I can put to good use and I shall say that for now, everything is giving me the good vibes. Not forgetting new friends and new environment, I think I'm off to a great start and I can't wait to go on new adventures as I go along the way. Here we go, the start of something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment