juxtaposition
This picture is taken recently and when I was doing my 3D Fundamentals final assignment. The topic is on juxtaposition and the first thing that comes to my mind is how to make things far from normal. My aim was to create something unusual, something mind blowing yet simple to understand. I though of how humans are huge compared to insects. What if I turn that fact around? I selected an insect, a cockroach. A cockroach often relates to rubbish bin and litters and I want to show a message here. Human nowadays tend to litter or just junk everything. Through past experience, I noticed how my neighbours threw their rubbish and some of them tried to force them in only to see it scattered all around the bin. Of course they can't be bothered and left. Now comes all the cockroach one by one. Here I thought, how else can one be reminded? What if they take some unusual advice? My work here shows it all as I compared the small size of the human to the large size of cockroach. I showed that the cockroach is dominating the world and this only comes from human's irresponsible actions. To end off, my work titled "Take Over" is inspired by past experiences and wild imagination and I hope that it gives a strong and clear message.

No comments:
Post a Comment