In this week's Creative Thinking class, we were once again introduced to something new called Analogical thinking. Anological thinking consists of similies, metaphors and anologies. It is actually looking at things and describing it in your own manner. For example by using similies, we can create sentences such as "as smooth as silk". This can help me in the future where I can explain to others about my work/product. I can use similies to describe them in detail and at the same time the listeners would actually feel much more attracted to my work. One of the class activities was to search products that was inspired by nature or things around us. This is called Direct Anology and one of the interesting inventions that we searched was bullet trains that were inspired by hummingbirds and kingfisher. I find it amazing that inventions are mostly inspired by nature and sometimes just the little things that we might not really bother to notice. I really feel that by using similes, metaphors or anologies, we can improve ourselves especially when describing something. To sum up, Anological thinking not only helps me to describe objects in detail but actually can help us to further improve on our thinking process as we go on to create something.
No comments:
Post a Comment