This week we were instructed to lie down on the floor infront of Lim Hak Tai Gallery. Yes, my first thought was why am I supposed to do this because firstly, the floor is quite dirty and secondly, other students would be watching us and of course, laugh at us. However, it was all different from what I expected it to be. Lying down on the floor was actually comfortable and I did not feel embarrassed at all when other students walked past us. I looked up seeing the building's roof. I asked myself, "when can I ever get this view again". Surely I will not lie down again to get that view. We were then told to lie down sideways. Now this got me feeling weird. My view, was not what it was supposed to be. Everything was the opposite. Buildings were horizontal and tables were vertical. I imagined myself as an ant on the floor and how big everything is and how small I could be. Here I realised that different things will be seen differently and there will be an effect. This can be related to our role as a designer as what we do will more or less affect others. If we planned on something, we do have to think about others and how it can affect them, that to me is the main role of becoming a designer. Being able to notice the surroundings and care about others perspectives will build me to become a great designer.
this is what I wrote while lying on the floor


No comments:
Post a Comment