Sunday, 23 August 2015

Ted Talk Review: Seth Godin & Amy Tan


Amy Tan: Where does creativity hide?


Seth Godin: How to get your ideas to spread


Both of the talks by Seth Godin & Amy Tan has different contents and purposes to it. Seth Godin's talk was about creating something remarkable to sell in the market while Amy Tan's talk was more to how she got her ideas from through her life experiences, childhood, family and science. Both of them has their own focus of a particular subject and as for Seth Godin, he talked on how one can sell their products well in the market and that is being different. People have little time to care for advertising and the only way for you to be able to sell your products is by being remarkable and unique. Meanwhile for Amy Tan, nature, nurture and nightmares inspire her and is where she gets creativity from. Comparing to these two videos, Seth Godin and Amy Tan has their own way of doing things. Seth Godin has more of a method mindset where he thinks of a specific way that prevents him from traditional ideas of marketing. Amy Tan however loves to be uncertain as to her, that is when she gets ideas and discover new things. I personally feel that I can imply both of their methods in the future. It is just that I need to know the right timing to use them. At some time, I can be aware of others selling their products so that I can improve and strategise myself while at some other times, I can let loose my mind and go through adventures and explore myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment