do it for the love
This picture is a mini gallery in a library at Coral Secondary School. The gallery was set up by me and my other friends. Ever since after O levels, our art teacher wanted us to create something different in the school. We thought that we can help out in the school's arts week. We came up with different plans and it all came down to having a mini gallery, art therapy workshop by Red Pencil, booths selling tote bags that are designed by some of us with linography and lastly, a photography competition on Instagram. The competition was kind of my idea as I thought that students are actively using social medias so why not get the hype of arts week through social media. All of the things that we did for arts week were plainly for the love of art. We know that most of the students in our school do not really appreciate art and we want to change that a little at least with arts week. The actual dates are next week and I'm pretty excited to see how students would react. Whatever the outcome is, I really think that our team had made lots of efforts especially my friends who are mostly studying in polytechnic. With their busy schedule, they actually took time off just for group discussions and setting up. I hope all of our efforts will be worth it and I would be more than happy if Coralites feel the love for art as much as how we feel.
No comments:
Post a Comment